Soy candles are natural (vegan) and are derived from vegetable oil (soybeans) grown by local farmers while paraffin is a refined gasoline by-product. They burn about 50 % longer than paraffin candles. Soy candles are non-toxic so they won’t release toxins into the air as they burn. Soy wax is non-Carcinogenic and is an excellent choice for those who wish to burn environmentally friendly candles. These candles last longer than paraffin candles due to the slower burning time and cooler burning temperature of the soybean based wax. With a slower burning of the soy wax, it allows the candle scent to be enhanced and stronger.
Our candles are an overall better and healthier option for candle lovers. Unlike traditional candles made from petroleum that are filled with toxic harsh chemicals that releases fumes into the air when burned.
Soy candles are vegetable based. Benefits include:
* Burns Cleaner than other waxes
* Releases little to no black soot
* Last 25%-50% longer than other waxes since the burn time is slower
* You are supporting local soybean farmers
While soy candles tend to be slightly more expensive than their paraffin alternatives, you also get more for your money due to higher quality and natural ingredients included. Soy wax burns at a cooler temperature meaning that your candle will burn for more hours than a paraffin candle of the same size.
1. Lead free wicks. We use cotton wick that contain zero percent lead which is 100% more healthier for you. Cotton wicks are safe to burn unlike other wicks and produce no pollutants. No matter what type of wick you use, you should always try it to 1/8'' to keep your candle burning evenly and also prevent residue build up around the candle.
2. We also use phthalate free fragrances as well in all of our candles.
Soy candle wax has a memory. When you light a candle for the first time, it remembers how far across the surface it melted. The next time you burn it, the soy wax will melt across as far as it did the first time. This can take up to 3 hours depending on the size of your candle.
Always remember to trim your wick. Trimming your wick preserves the longevity of the candle and keeps it from tunneling and soot. Always trim your wick about ¼ inch
Never blow out your candle. Blowing out a candle can produce a lot of soot and smoke. Also you can run the risk of blowing droplet of hot wax out of the container and onto the surrounding area. Instead you can use a candle snuffer, this will deprive the flame of oxygen and the flame will be extinguished without all that gross smoke. Another way to extinguish a flame is to dip the lit wick into the melted wax.
Always remember to stay safe by burning your candles away from drafts, flammables and other heat sources. Never leave your candle unattended and never burn your candles for more than 3 hours at a time.